Security is an important issue for all parents. As The Giving Tree continues to keep your child safe and secure, here are some behind-the-scenes aspects you’ll want to know.
· Electronic Security- Our Facilities include a secured coded entry with computer signing in and out, so only staff and families with the protected code can access the entrance and attendance. This means unauthorized visitors are never a risk to your child’s safety.
· Hiring Process- Teachers are given extensive state mandated background checks and many of our schools require federal screening as well.
· Front Desk- Our Front Desk is always staffed, so there’s no worry about an unauthorized entry. Our watchful eyes focus on safety first and we monitor any guests who may drop in for a visit.
· Security Cameras- Every classroom has security cameras for front desk monitoring. The owner and staff easily observe classroom activities throughout the day.
Our location adheres to the highest standards of safety. From our buses to the classrooms to the playgrounds, we have specific standards and procedures to ensure the safety and security of each child while in our care.
- Our bus drivers maintain an F-endorsement and are certified in bus safety procedures through the state of Tennessee.
- Our specific procedure for daily student drop-off and pick-up ensures no child is left behind.
- Our school administrators maintain updated files on authorized contacts in case of an illness or unforeseen emergency.
- Our teachers ensure organized classrooms designed to maximize safety and supervision.
- Our cribs are built for maximum viewing on all sides and do not contain any materials hazardous to a child’s sleeping habits.
- Our staff is trained quarterly as a preventative measure for SIDS: Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- Our teachers are trained in Infant, Child and Adult CPR and First Aid.
- Our lobby entrance is secure and there are security cameras in each classroom for front desk monitoring.
- Our method of maintaining health records, immunization records and emergency contacts ensures they are kept up to date and confidential.
- Our food preparation and storage is monitored to ensure safe, nutritious meals along with sanitary food preparation surfaces.
- We provide safety drill training every 30 days for tornado, fire, and earthquake, as well as community supervised lockdowns.